Musician Makers Scholarship
General Information & Dates
Parents and Students
Public School Teachers
Private Teacher Rec. Form
Teacher Renewal Form
Scholarship Application Form
Public Teacher Proposal Form
Increasing Access to Private and Semi-Private Lessons
San Juan Symphony has always been passionately committed to the support of music education. The Musician Makers Scholarship has the goal of enabling students with demonstrated need, ability, and aptitude to participate in private and semi-private lessons. If you are interested in becoming involved as a donor, teacher, parent, or student, please read on.
General Information for Teachers, Parents, and Students
Students who are accepted for the fall semester will be granted a scholarship for the next semester if their teacher recommends it, based on their demonstrated commitment to their studies. Teacher Renewal Forms can be submitted below.
At the end of each school year, students may be invited to perform in the Musician Maker Concert hosted by San Juan Symphony, which will demonstrate the program’s value to the wider community. Teachers may also be invited to perform. This concert will be free and open to the public.
Scholarship Deadline Dates
Private Studio Scholarship Dates
Deadline for Teacher Renewal Forms for fall semester scholarships
Deadline for new Scholarship Applications for fall semester scholarships
Action Steps for Private Teachers
1) Submit a letter of recommendation below, specifically explaining why the student is deserving of a scholarship. Be sure to address the student’s level of commitment and your understanding of their financial need.
2) Every semester the teacher is required to complete and submit the Teacher Renewal Form detailing whether the student has met the requirements for the renewal of the scholarship.
3) The teacher will communicate with the parents regarding the requirements of accepting the scholarship. The family should understand and agree to the studio policies and be prepared to pay the remaining tuition amount.
4) Help the student and their family plan to attend at least one concert sponsored by the San Juan Symphony per semester scholarship.
5) Payments are made from San Juan Symphony to the teacher via direct deposit at the beginning of the semester.
Private Teacher Letter of Recommendation
Teacher Renewal Form
Action Steps for Parents and Students
1) Before applying, applicants should have identified a music teacher willing to accept the student and support the student’s application. Parents can identify qualified teachers at the website of the 4 Corners Music Teachers Association https://www.4cmta.org/ (note that teachers are not required to be members of the 4 Corners Music Teachers Association to participate).
2) Meet with your teacher and agree to the terms of the expectations of the studio.
3) Complete an application, specifically explaining why the student is deserving of a scholarship. Address the student’s level of commitment, musical potential, and financial need.
Parent & Student Application Form
Action Steps for Public School Teachers
1) Submit a proposal specifically explaining the way you will organize your program and be sure to include:
- type of lessons (private or semi-private), days and times
- full names of the students who will participate
- your goals for the students and program for the semester
2) With your proposal, submit a letter of support from your principal stating that you are allowed to receive an honorarium for additional lessons (semi-private and/or private) that you teach with students outside of regular class time.